Thursday 12 September 2013

The One and Only Tag

  After seeing Jennie Mays'  version of the One and Only Tag I thought I'd give it a go. I thought it would be fun to examine my not so extensive make up collection and see what is it I really really like.
Primer:  Benefits Porefessional is the only one for me. As you can see its only a sample but it has lasted me so long and makes my make up go and on.

Base: I bought the Garnier BB Cream in January after a friends recommendation. I life the fact you can still see my freckles even after applying it. Its like my skin but better.  
      
Concealer:  After reading approx a million blogs about this, I bought it at boots, and I can see what all the hype is about, it covers under-eyes, redness (I have just lovely red patches around my nose) and spots only vanish after a dot of it is applied.  

Powder: Maybeline Dream Matte Powder has been my go to powder the past few years. It can be a little cakey if applied heavy handedly so i try to concentrate on my Tzone and sometimes if I go OTT on the blush, this is good for toning the cheeks down.

Blush: One early dreary morning sitting in the car before work my friend popped Soap and Glorys 'Love at first blush' from her purse, it was a 'I've got to have it' kinda moment. You can swirl it altogether but I try to just use the pinks together and then use the shimmer as a highlight, it makes you look like you've put a lot of time and effort into your blush even if youre running out the door.

Bronzer/Highlight;  Last summer when I was in london I am not ashamed to say one of my top priorities was to buy at least one Sleek product. I had heard only lovely things about this duo. All you Beauty Bloggers were not lying when you were raving about this contour kit (mine is light btw). Only a tiny amount of the bronzer is needed on the brush to make cheekboneless me look much more cheeky.

 

Make up Brush: On the same London trip I also had decided the Real Techniques Core Collection would also be mine. Even though you can buy these in Ireland, I felt it was cheaper to buy it in Sterling (it may just all be in my head though). All forms of foundation are easily blended and looks all natural and lovely.

Eyebrow/Eyeshadow: Soap and Glorys Lid Stuff in 'Whats Nude' is just the perfect everyday kit. Vanilla (Top Left) under the brow bone Pink T (Top Right) over the socket, and mudhoney and Aubersheen (bottom left and right respectively) in the outer eye. I also use mudhoney for my day eyebrow colour, its very natural looking and suits me down to the ground.

Eyeliner:  I must have been a good girl last year, because Santa gifted me Urban Decays Ocho Loco (eight gorgeous Eyeliners in one kit). Ignored far too much until recently is the dark brown 'Hustle'. I do Love perversion but black is just a small bit harsh on me for everyday wear, so Hustle is my go to.

Mascara:  MORE Soap and Glory! I never ever wear fake lashes and with Thick and Fast I feel like I don't need to. The Brush is slightly Huge and on more than one occasion I have ended up with mascara on my face, but once I got used to it I was in Love.

Lipstick:  Flirt Alert was my first ever high end purchase and it is just Gorgeous. As you can see in the photo I use Red quite a bit, it just suits my colouring down to the ground, and it isn't drying.

Lipstain;  Ok the Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple is not exactly a Lip Stain but its just a gorgeous, naturally red that I can wear during the day that looks good and saves my lips during the cold

Lip liner:  For a girl that wears a Load of red lip colour I dont bother very much with lip liners as much as I should. Essences' Red Blush is the one I bought when I decided to start. it makes flirt alert last longer, and stops the colour from bleeding.

Lipbalm: Pennys finest lip treatment is really a life saver. Its very thick and you have to melt it with your fingers, and it smells lovely, and what's great is if you just throw it into your uniform tunic like me there's no way it will stain your pocket. 



                                                           

 






1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this! The Soap & Glory quad looks so beautiful as does the blush. Definitely need to check out the whole range, I don't think I've ever tried anything make up wise from them!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete