Tuesday 24 May 2016

Leaving Ireland; hey there london

Since my last Blog post I've moved country!! Ok, in all fairness going from England from Ireland isn't the biggest thing in the world, seeing as I've been here two times already this year but this time its different, obviously.
I've tried to be organised before leaving, both college and job wise, but things haven't been 100% sorted, but it's more my father getting stressed about it, than me, I have only been here since Saturday. 

Whats really different is the fact is instead of staying outside all day to see as much as possible in the limited time I am here before I rush back to the airport to wait and pray my battery doesn't doe in the airport cause my plane ticket is on my phone.

Today I am moving into my summer room, so far in three nights I've stayed in three different houses on two different beds and a couch, a very comfy couch I may add, and I'm looking forward to unpacking, find out what thing I stupidly left in Ireland, in the 'to come to london at a later date' pile.

Recently ( since two weeks ago when I was in 'OH MY GOD I'M LEAVING THE COUNTRY AND NEED TO DO THINGS' mood, and I was all about the lists, and a couple of months ago, I read a vivianna loves makeup post and she had read something where its better to only have three things on your to-do list, so I'm attempting to stick to that, cause then the list is done everyday, the list is not never ending, and things are prioritised so if there's one thing I've learned its that.

I've also heard a lot of people speak about the life changing magic of tidying up during the whole clearing out, you should read The Pools article on Marie Kondo before you do read her book if  you are going to read it, but I was very proud of myself when I was finsihed clearing out. I had a work house wardrobe and a home wardrobe, and two make up collections and it was good to see them together and then actually know what I have. I cleared a lot of pennys things and gym stuff that just didn't look nice and in my soul I still wish I was a french person with like 7 items of designer clothes and thats it.

On my first night I ended up hanging with all irish people, so far it seems we stick together,and then friends of friends end up going out which I think is totes adorbs.  Also TINDER, especially compared to Cork tinder, I got a number already. 

So I've been here three and a half days, I wish things were further along work wise, but things have been beyond my control, but having more friends than I have in Youghal and spending all sunday with your BFF cause finally after about six years we live less than 100km away from each other, brunch and deliveroo FTW.

I know all things will work out but I want them to be worked out now, like there are worse places to not having to a job, and guess what book I started reading yesterday....Girl on the Train
  

No comments:

Post a Comment